East High Fortuna

Counseling » Test Information

Test Information

California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE)
The state of California requires all students to score a 350 or greater on the CAHSEE Math and English/Language Arts tests to receive a high school diploma. For more details, contact the school or log on to the California Department of Education at: www.ced.ca.gov/statetests/cahsee.

STAR Testing Program
The 2010 California Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR) Program test results for schools, counties, districts, and the state are available at this site. Test results are reported for the four components of the STAR Program:

California Standards Tests (CSTs)
California Modified Assessment (CMA)
California Alternate Performance Assessment (CAPA)
Standards-based Tests in Spanish (STS)

CHSPE Testing Program

The California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) is a program established by California law (Education Code Section 48412). If eligible to take the test, you can earn the legal equivalent of a high school diploma by passing the CHSPE. The CHSPE consists of two sections: an English-language Arts section and a Mathematics section. If you pass both sections of the CHSPE, the California State Board of Education will award you a Certificate of Proficiency, which by state law is equivalent to a high school diploma (although not equivalent to completing all coursework required for regular graduation from high school).

All persons and institutions subject to California law that require a high school diploma for any purpose must accept the certificate as satisfying the requirement. Although federal government agencies are not bound by state laws, the U.S. Office of Personnel Management has ruled that the Certificate of Proficiency shall be accepted in applications for federal civilian employment. Military service policies vary. Check with your recruiter for details. If you are planning to attend a university or college, contact the individual institutions to verify entrance requirements.

For More Information: http://www.chspe.net/ or http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/sp/

GED Testing Program

You are eligible to take the GED test if you are a resident of California and meet any one of the following criteria:

The individual is 18 years of age or older, or within 60 days of his or her 18th birthday (regardless of school enrollment status).
The individual must be within 60 days of when he or she would have graduated from high school had he or she remained in school and followed the usual course of study (please note that examinees testing under this criteria may not be enrolled in school).
The individual is 17 years of age, has been out of school for at least 60 consecutive school days, and provides a letter of request for the test from the military, a post-secondary educational institution or a prospective employer.
The individual is 17 years of age and is incarcerated in a California state or county correctional facility; persons testing under these conditions must meet all of the following criteria:

The examinee does not have a realistic chance of completing the requirements for a high school diploma.
The examinee has adequate academic skills to successfully complete the GED test battery.
The examinee understands the options available regarding acquisition of a high school diploma, the high school equivalency certificate or the high school proficiency certificate, and the requirements, expectations, benefits, and limitations of each option.
The examinee has sufficient commitment time left to complete the entire GED test battery; however, if released before the test is completed, the examinee may complete testing at an authorized testing center.

Persons who pass the GED test at age 17 will not receive the equivalency certificate until their 18th birthday; a letter of intent is issued which states that the certificate is being held pending the examinee's 18th birthday.

For More Information: http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/gd/

CELDT Testing Program

The CELDT is a required state test for English language proficiency, given as an initial assessment to newly enrolled students whose primary language is other than English, and as an annual assessment to students previously identified as English learners enrolled in Kindergarden through grade twelve in California's public schools.

For More Information: http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/el/